Incorporated in 1969, Cochin Shipyard Limited is one of the largest public sector shipyard in India in terms of dock capacity. They operates a shipyard that provides shipbuilding and ships/offshore structures repair services.
Cochin Shipyard Ltd operate in 3 business lines:
Cochin Shipyard's shipbuilding activities include the construction of vessels for clients operating in the defense and in the commercial sector shipping industry. In addition to shipbuilding and ship repair, they also offers marine engineering training programs as well as offer additional courses, including six months practical training for marine engineering students from colleges affiliated to universities, fire prevention and firefighting, and elementary first aid training through its marine engineering training institute; and chemical, mechanical, and non-destructive testing services of metals, welds, and alloys.
They have built and delivered vessels across broad class ifications including bulk carriers, tankers, Platform Supply Vessels (“PSVs”), Anchor Handling Tug Supply vessels (“AHTSs”), barges, bollard pull tugs, passenger vessels and Fast Patrol Vessels (“FPVs ”). They are currently building India's first Indigenous Aircraft Carrier (“IAC”) for the Indian Navy.
The President of India is the promoter of the company. The Promoter along with its nominees, currently holds 100% of the pre-Issue paid-up equity share capital of the Company.
Objects of the Issue:
Company proposes to utilize the Net Proceeds towards funding of the following objects:
- Setting up of a new dry dock within the existing premises of the Company (“Dry Dock”);
- Setting up of an international ship repair facility at Cochin Port Trust area (“ISRF”); and
- General corporate purposes.
- Issue Opens on: 1 AUG 2017
- Issue Closes on: 3 AUG 2017
- Issue Type: Book Built Issue IPO
- Issue Size: 3,39,84,000 Equity Shares Equity Shares of Rs 10 aggregating up to Rs [.] Cr
- Face Value: Rs 10 Per Equity Share
- Issue Price: Rs.424 – Rs.428 per Equity Share (QIB & NII)
- Market Lot: 35 Shares
- Minimum Order Quantity: Shares
- Listing At: BSE,NSE