Incorporated in 2007, Indian Energy Exchange Ltd (IEX) is a 'power exchange' offering trading in a range of electricity products in India. IEX is India's largest exchange in electricity products trading category. IEX Exchange is an online trading platform which is accessible to registered participants. It promotes efficient price discovery and the opportunity to trade in a variety of electricity products. In addition to trade execution, IEX also offers settlement services, including electronic trade confirmation, access to clearing services and risk management functionality.
Indian Energy Exchange Ltd business lines:
- DAM (Day-ahead-market) - Electricity contracts in blocks of 15 minutes. The DAM constitutes the majority of the energy contracts that are traded on IEX. IEX has market share of 99.6% in DMA trading.
- TAM (Term-ahead-market) - Electricity contracts for fixed terms in the future, such as intra-day contracts, day ahead contingency contracts and contracts up to 11 days ahead and
- RECs (Renewable energy certificates)
- IEX is amoung 2 exchanges in India that offer an electronic platform for the trading of electricity products. IEX has over 5800 participants registered on its Exchange of which over 3,500 participants were active as of March 2017.
- IEX Exchange is an online platform. Highly scalable and proven technology infrastructure.
- IEX is first and largest energy exchange in India with strong brand recognition.
- India is fast growing domestic market
- IEX has diverse participant base ensuring liquidity on its exchange
- Indian Energy Exchange Ltd is a professionally managed company and does not have an identifiable promoter in terms of SEBI ICDR Regulations and the Companies Act, 2013.
- Company was initially promoted by Financial Technologies (India) Limited and PTC India Financial Services Limited (PFS). They currently hold no Equity Shares in the company.
- Issue Open: Oct 09 2017
- Issue Closes on: Oct 11 2017
- Issue Type: Book Built Issue IPO
- Issue Size: [.] Equity Shares of Rs 10 aggregating up to Rs 1,000.73 Cr
- Face Value: Rs 10 Per Equity Share
- Issue Price:1645 - 1650 Per Equity Share
- Market Lot: 9 Shares
- Minimum Order Quantity: 9 Shares
- Listing At: BSE, NSE
Tentative timetable in respect of the Offer:
- Bid/Offer Opens On: Oct 09 2017
- Bid/Offer Closes On: Oct 11 2017
- Finalisation of Basis of Allotment: On or about Oct 11 2017
- Initiation of refunds: On or about Oct 11 2017
- Credit of Equity Shares to demat accounts:On or about Oct 11 2017
- Commencement of trading of the Equity Shares on the Stock Exchanges: On or about Oct 11 2017